Category: Home Improvement
Bed bugs are a notoriously difficult pest to get rid of, and although they are not deadly or poisonous, they are certainly not a resident that you want in your home. Don’t assume that they are only found in dirty dwellings either – hotels have problems with bedbugs due to people coming to stay who may have inadvertently packed some into their own suitcases.
You don’t actually need to spot one of these to know that you have them – as they tend to prefer the dark you may not spot one easily, but they do leave clues in the bed. Some signs that you may have a bedbug infestation are
- Spots of blood on sheets
- Tiny white eggs in mattress crevices
- Small black specks on your sheets (this is their excrement)
- Bites on your skin
When it comes to bed bugs you will need to get the experts in – someone such as this pest control Chelmsford based company https://www.stgeorgespestcontrolessex.co.uk/pest-control-essex-services/pest-control-chelmsford/ will be able to help you to eradicate these persistent little blighters.
There are also things you can do to ensure that they do not return. Some of these are
- Wash clothes at a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius or higher
- Use mattress coverings that are made from plastic to stoop them being able to lay eggs on the mattress
- When you travel, look for reviews to check for bedbug problems where you are staying and do an inspection of the room BEFORE you bring your suitcase in and start unpacking