Even if the sun isn’t always shining during a British summer, the temperature can still feel hot and sticky. Want a cheap way to stay cool and comfortable? Install a stylish ceiling fan.
- A ceiling fan makes the room feel breezy and refreshing
- They can also improve the décor as well as providing a reliable respite from the heat
- They are a much cheaper alternative to installing air conditioning units
- A fan can also act as a back-up if an existing air conditioning unit fails
- A fan will help to rid the room of flying pests such as mosquitos, moths and flies
- Ceiling fans are safer when there are young children in the house as they are up out of the way and cannot be knocked over like a pedestal or desk fan.
- Energy efficiency is also taken care of as modern ceiling fans can lower energy usage by as much as 40%. Pair up with a stylish Ceiling Rose, at a site like https://www.creative-cables.co.uk/2648-ceiling-roses
- Whilst a ceiling fan doesn’t change the temperature of the air, it is the movement of that air that makes you feel cooler. A fan helps to naturally evaporate perspiration from our skin, making our natural cooling mechanisms work more efficiently
- You might not think of a fan in winter, but ceiling fans also have good use during this season. By changing the direction of the paddle blades, you can push the warm air down to the floor and reduce the need to turn up the thermostat.