When it comes to renting, landlords want at least two things. The first is that the tenant pays and the second is they don’t trash the place. What then can the Landlord do to get someone into the property that they trust?
- Layout who you want in there. Get an idea first inthe type of person you want to have in place then write a definite list of characteristics so you know in your own mind.
- Make the place look really good. Get a professional to do the photography if you’re unsure. You are effectively selling the place as if you were an estate agent.
- Make sure there is a property inventory of the software. Property reporting software from https://inventorybase.co.uk/ is a good place to start.
- Know the local area. You might not be interested in what the latest Ofstead report on the primary school is but the young professionals that you want maybe. It’s also a good idea to know where the local shops and pubs are (plus if it’s any good).
- Try and be flexible. Whilst you will have your list you might have to make some compromises. It’s unlikely that you’ll hit every point on it when it comes to fellow human beings.